Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign/Poser.

T

Temp

As the subject implied I work in graphic art programs. I am having to get a new computer because the one I have doesn't have the power it needs for the programs that I use. I don't want to go down this road again, so I am getting the Powermac G5 Dual 2Ghz.

However, I don't want to go down this road again! I work in Photoshop CS, Illustrator CS, InDesign CS, Flash MX, Dreamweaver MX, Poser 5, with a possible plan of working in Lightwave. As a Powermac G5 user what upgrades do I need to add to my order?

OP
W

Wapa18

don't get the RAM from apple, though, unless you wanna sell your firstborn child to pay for it. ;)
get it from crucial.com they've got really good prices. also, i don't think you need to really max the ram on the G5 all at once...8GB is a heck of a lot of ram to get right off the bat. go for maybe 2GB to start off with, unless you know you work with larger image files than that.

OP
T

Temp

OK. I am off to a good start then, because, I did max out most of the upgrade features.

What about Firewire 800? Which one should I get? Keep in mind that I will be working in graphic art professionally.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.