Coconut drives me coocoo!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
:eek:neye:

can the program be THAT buggy?! why did my battery drop that much?!

Picture 1.png

Reaction score
check again on the full charge. i bet it will show a higher max charge.

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
nope! its been consistantly going down the past week. about a percent with each load cycle.

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
so i just call them and they send a new one? that simple? i just bought this laptop 20 days ago

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
Have you calibrated your battery recently? might want to try that first. There are instructions in your manual that came with your MacBook and on Apples website.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
vamz said:
so i just call them and they send a new one? that simple? i just bought this laptop 20 days ago

Doubtful. Laptop batteries lose capacity as they age and are cycled. Whether or not the Coconut application is completely accurate, I'm can't say, but capacity reduction in general is to be expected.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black "ULTIMATE" 1GB RAM 80GBHDD 2.0GHZ Processor
look in the system profiler under applications>utilities>system profiler>power

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
it shows the same info that is on coconnut battery.

Padawan i realize that the capacity drops with time but at this rate i would need a complete new battery by next month.

Reaction score
How long does it take you to run through your battery doing day to day tasks such as surfing the web, listening to some music, etc.

I usually get a good 4-5 hours on my battery, and coconut shows a max charge of 5326.

I have 31 load cycles on a 2 month old Macbook. My max charge value fluctuates by around +/- 15mAH.

Maybe your coconut is buggy.

Reaction score
I left my macbook on charge for 3 days, for some reason it always got to 99%, displayed calculating then took hours for the ac adaptor to go green rather than orange.

By leaving it this time, the maximum capacity (mine's only had 6 charge cycles), has gone up from 97 to 99% of it's original 5200. Might be worth seeing if it does the same on yours?

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
well i went to the apple store adn he said that out of the box the charges should be between 4500 and 5200. he was quite hessitant to check the battery adn told me that if he was to do taht he would have to erase all the memmory and was making up all these excuses. so i told him i would back everything up tonight and bring it back tomrorow.

P

pbook24

ak1nza said:
How long does it take you to run through your battery doing day to day tasks such as surfing the web, listening to some music, etc.

I usually get a good 4-5 hours on my battery, and coconut shows a max charge of 5326.

I have 31 load cycles on a 2 month old Macbook. My max charge value fluctuates by around +/- 15mAH.

Maybe your coconut is buggy.
umm,the macbook battery has an original capacity of 5200mAh, how do you you 5326?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
It fluctuates. I have had a max of 5288 before

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black "ULTIMATE" 1GB RAM 80GBHDD 2.0GHZ Processor
what are load cycles exactly?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Load cycle is going from full to empty

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.