AppleStore vs. online

K

kross62948

I'm a teacher and am interested in buying a macbook. Is there a chance I'm going to get a better deal buying the laptop in person at an AppleStore (ie. free carrying case, upgrades etc.) or is the online education store deal the best I'm going to get? Are the salespeople authorized to make deals or is there just one standard price?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
If you call usually, they'll throw in some free stuff. It works with most companies like that it seems. Try it out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
apple is pretty strict on its pricing, if you want to try to seek out a deal call up and talk to apple on the phone and see what they can do for you. and then go to the store and see if they can do anything....most likely the answer will be no, or a small discount considering you wll already be gettin the teachers discount
-chris

Reaction score
Order online then call up, Right now if you buy a MacBook with the education discount you get a free nano and printer. If you collect frequent flyer miles and follow the link from the airline's site to apple.com you can earn 2 or 3 miles per $ spent.

After you place the order call apple and tell them you have second thoughts, it got me $100 off the 2.0gz whitebook. Which was ontop of the educational discount.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook @ 2ghz, 1 gig of ram, 100GB HDD
I got $150 off due to my college having a special program with apple.

Reaction score
I asked for a 2gb nano to be tossed in if I purchased a $AUS2,700 iMag G5, they then tried to get me to upgrade the ram and buy Extended AppleCare....I said no, waited 2-3mths then saw they had reduced the iMac to $2,299 so I bought it....saved $400 and bought a 4gb Nano....

Reaction score
Truth is when ever you buy a big ticket item the price isn't fixed. You just have to know to ask.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
climbguy said:
Order online then call up, Right now if you buy a MacBook with the education discount you get a free nano and printer. If you collect frequent flyer miles and follow the link from the airline's site to apple.com you can earn 2 or 3 miles per $ spent.

After you place the order call apple and tell them you have second thoughts, it got me $100 off the 2.0gz whitebook. Which was ontop of the educational discount.

what you talk about here is scamming them....not talking them down on price
-chris

Reaction score
coach_z said:
what you talk about here is scamming them....not talking them down on price
-chris

When I called up I actually did have second thoughts the expected delivery date was more than three weeks out. As a student I need to have a computer when schools starts.

Reaction score
climbguy said:
Truth is when ever you buy a big ticket item the price isn't fixed. You just have to know to ask.

I forgot to add that I had a fist full'o'spondooli and I waved it around....

OP
T

TheMonkey

Official Apple Stores (well in the UK at least) won't budge. There are a couple of "subcontracted" ones like near Center Point and Nottingham which will let you haggle a bit from experience.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.