RAM Compatibility

R

rugratkid14

I am looking to add some RAM to my computer and wanted to know if any can tell me if Ultra 1024MB PC4200 DDR2 533MHz Memory is compatible?

I have a Powerbook 17" 1.67ghz.

I will be installing the RAM myself so I'm hoping I can some info on recommended RAM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 1st Gen with upgraded Ram and Hard drive
Hello, I own a MacBook Pro, and I wanted an extra Gb of memory to put in there, so I went to Crucial.com. They have a section to tell you exactly the ram you need. Plus, they are very cheap. I think my 1Gb strip came to £101 after delivery charges and everything were added on.

Apparently Crucial make their own memory modules and the ram itself, plus all the other mac users I know here in Bristol upgraded their memory from Crucial, so I had good reccomendations to make it more easy to decide.

Take a look on there, I checked for my friends old G4 Powerbook 15", but there were so many different options of that version of Powerbook, she needed to look herself to pick the right memory type. I would look for you and say "yeah go for this type of memory" but best to check and make sure you select the exact type of powerbook you have.

Hope this helps in some way.

Mel

OP
R

rugratkid14

Thanks much

Melmation,

Thanks for your response .. it does help .. I was also recommended Kingston RAM and did some research on their website ... you can actually select the type of Macbook or Powerbook and it will tell you the part number for the required RAM.

Most research I have found so far have recommended Crucial, Samsung or Kingston.

thanks again!

melmation said:
Hello, I own a MacBook Pro, and I wanted an extra Gb of memory to put in there, so I went to Crucial.com. They have a section to tell you exactly the ram you need. Plus, they are very cheap. I think my 1Gb strip came to £101 after delivery charges and everything were added on.

Apparently Crucial make their own memory modules and the ram itself, plus all the other mac users I know here in Bristol upgraded their memory from Crucial, so I had good reccomendations to make it more easy to decide.

Take a look on there, I checked for my friends old G4 Powerbook 15", but there were so many different options of that version of Powerbook, she needed to look herself to pick the right memory type. I would look for you and say "yeah go for this type of memory" but best to check and make sure you select the exact type of powerbook you have.

Hope this helps in some way.

Mel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
I bought a cheaper brand of Ram for the powerbook and it sucked crap and make my system unstable. I returned it and bought a stick of kingston and it has been GREAT!

OP
T

topgun072003

Does anyone know what BRAND of ram comes stock in a 15 inch powerbook? It's a 1.67Ghz G4 that uses DDR SDRAM. I am just want to know what brand comes stock, because I'm thinking of upgrading my ram and I would like to buy directly from the brand that apple puts in the powerbooks themselves. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D, 2 Gig.
it says "Micron" on mine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.