2 iPods on 1 computer

Reaction score
Well I'm new here and new to Macs. I just order a MacBook and Ipod Nano. I already have a 40gig iPod Photo and I run iTunes on my PC. When my MacBook gets in I plan to give the PC to my mom and just use the Mac. My question is can I run both the 40gig iPod photo and the 4gig Nano on the same computer/iTunes? Will iTunes let me create 2 seperate libraries 1 for each of them? Also how much trouble will it be to move my iTunes from the PC to my new Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
This works just fine. I run a 4 GB Nano and a 30 GB Video iPod on the same Mac/iTunes. You have one main iTunes library and then each iPod shows up separately, each with its own contents. If you want different contents on each iPod, you may have to manage them manually vs. having iTunes update them automatically. I have my Nano set for manual updating and my 30G set for automatic updating, since I have more music than I can fit on the Nano. You can do the same thing if you wish.

Reaction score
It does not matter how many ipods you have. I've had 3 ipods connected all at once. I agree with mac57, just make sure how you have them set up. I just usually do the manual updating. You only have 1 library.

I'm not understanding what you mean about moving itunes from your PC to Mac. If you wish, make sure you have enough space left on the ipod. You can use your ipod as a external drive. Copy your itunes folder into the ipod. Then just drag that into your library on your mac, then you just delete the files on your ipod. Or you can save yourself the hassle of that and get IpodRip. You can rip all the songs off the ipod straight into your library.

http://www.macupdate.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I have 6 hooked up to my Quad. You can manage music manually (as I do) OR you can use playlists. You can set each iPods preferences to update a specific playlist only when plugged in. In this way you can keep each iPod synched with it's playlist and use Auto Sync to add/delete music.

Reaction score
HIFTBSO said:
Well I'm new here and new to Macs. I just order a MacBook and Ipod Nano. I already have a 40gig iPod Photo and I run iTunes on my PC. When my MacBook gets in I plan to give the PC to my mom and just use the Mac. My question is can I run both the 40gig iPod photo and the 4gig Nano on the same computer/iTunes? Will iTunes let me create 2 seperate libraries 1 for each of them? Also how much trouble will it be to move my iTunes from the PC to my new Mac?

Yes, they will both work seamlessly; Apple has made their products with this in mind.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.