Please Help! (external hard drive / itunes)

O

o)))

hi all, im totally new to this forum and have found it really useful so far. ok here goes, i've just bought an imac g5 as an upgrade to my dying PC and am looking to get an external hard drive for it (so far looking at a western digital 250gb one). However currently i have alot of music stored on my PC (in itunes) i want to transfer all of this music from my PC to an external hard drive which i can then use with my new g5, and play the files from the external hard drive into itunes on the g5. i was wondering if i'd encounter any problems a friend told me about 'MacDrive 6' which is supposed to be specially designed for this? has anyone else ever tried to do this before? and is it as time consuming as i imagine it to be (i have around 100gb of stored music), so yeh has anyone done this and what kind of problems (if any) did you encounter? plus how long did it take to do! i have to find anyway of doing this as i need my music! thanks o)))

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Format it as FAT32 and you won't have any problems.

Use the search next time and you can find your answer without having to type everything

Reaction score
listening to music from an external drive is fine. The transfer rates of USB 2 or FireWire is fast enough

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.