windows can't connect to net

Reaction score
I'm currently at college and connected to their internet via ethernet. now my macbook detects the network fine. But when I use windows I can't get on the internet...what gives? by the way the bootcamp installation went great. The only hitch was it was givin me some error about the apple keyboard not being certified or some such nonesense. I told it to instal anyway. any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
P
Reaction score
I also can't get any sound in windows because it says "there are no mixers detected". So I go into the "add new hardware" wizard, and there are like 100 things no added. Including the proccessors, i'm so confused. How do I get sound?

Reaction score
precisionelite said:
I'm currently at college and connected to their internet via ethernet. now my macbook detects the network fine. But when I use windows I can't get on the internet...what gives? by the way the bootcamp installation went great. The only hitch was it was givin me some error about the apple keyboard not being certified or some such nonesense. I told it to instal anyway. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi precisionelite!

Just to clarify....your macbook is recognising the network ethernet connection, no probs there.

You have bootcamp installed and when you re-boot into XP you have neither sound nor is Windows able to connect to the internet. :dive:

OP
P
Reaction score
Pulse-8 said:
Hi precisionelite!

Just to clarify....your macbook is recognising the network ethernet connection, no probs there.

You have bootcamp installed and when you re-boot into XP you have neither sound nor is Windows able to connect to the internet. :dive:
yea i think some of the drivers didn't install, i'm gonna do the install again.

A

Anti-Wack

I had the same problem. After trying the whole partition and install thing twice, I realized my XP CD didn't have SP2. I got a new version with SP2 and it installed without a hitch and everything works. Is it possible you don't have SP2 on your XP?

OP
P
Reaction score
no, it says SP2 on the disk. When I restart my computer and it goes to the white screen there is a folder with a question mark(solid, not flashing) then I see the apple logo and it loads. What does this mean?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.