Adium X

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Sep 09, 2.66Ghz C2D, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb HDD 7200rpm, 10.6.x / iPod Touch 8Gb
Well having visited the site this programs looks awesome! so many addons and extras you can get for this program.

My experiance with programs that can do so much seem laggy with addons, is this true for Adium X?

Any good feed back with this program partly the MSN and Yahoo side of things?

Any feedback welcome :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I don't have any problems with it and I have it quite customized :) I use it with AIM, MSN, Yahoo, Jabber, Gizmo, plus others and no problems.. oh wait no I do have one problem and that is sending files and receiving files.. I can't seem to do that :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Most adium extras don't add functionality, they just replace the standard look and feel. So you should have little/no performance impact as nothing is really being added.

The scripts and real feature enhancements there are will require additional processor power, but their impact should be minimal.

Jem

Reaction score
Does Adium interface to the iSight camera for, say, MSN video conversations? I've downloaded it but didn't see an option in the 5 minutes I've had to play with it so far... if it doesn't out of the box, is there a plugin perhaps?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
No, Adium doesn't currently support video conferences.

You'll need to use iChat AV, Skype, aMSN or Yahoo messenger beta for video chatting under OS X.

Jem

Reaction score
Oh well, that's a shame... aMSN is horrible (compared to Adium) and I guess that's the only one that would allow an MSN video chat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
Murlyn said:
oh wait no I do have one problem and that is sending files and receiving files.. I can't seem to do that :(

I have been having the same problem...I can send files to some friends but my friend with a macbook cant send files to me, and I cant send any to him.

Does anyone know what I can be done to solve this problem?

Also is there a way to share photos in an Adium convo like in iChat?

Thanks in advance

John

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.