G4 and airport question

A

angelbayb85

I am currently using an older G4 w/o a wireless card built-in. I was just wondering what can i do to make it work with a wireless home network?
Can i only use an airport card or are there any other cards i can use and also where can i purchase them?
Thanks from a apple noob

OP
T

Tigermac

G4 and Airport

angelbayb85 said:
I am currently using an older G4 w/o a wireless card built-in. I was just wondering what can i do to make it work with a wireless home network?
Can i only use an airport card or are there any other cards i can use and also where can i purchase them?
Thanks from a apple noob

I have a B&W G3 with a Belkin USB dongle & it works fine with my iMac G5 & Airport Extreme base station. I assume a G4 has USB sockets. Buy one & try it. If it doesn't come with software give me a shout & I'll forward on a web site where you can download it.
:cool:

OP
T

Tigermac

Correction! It an Asus wlan adaptor which I bought through ebay. (Belkin is my bluetooth dongle) You really need a USB2 port though it will work with 1.1 but you wont achieve the maximum speed. The instructions & cd are only for windoze but they sent me a web site link for Mac software. It works fine for me.

Reaction score
Tigermac said:
Correction! It an Asus wlan adaptor which I bought through ebay. (Belkin is my bluetooth dongle) You really need a USB2 port though it will work with 1.1 but you wont achieve the maximum speed. The instructions & cd are only for windoze but they sent me a web site link for Mac software. It works fine for me.

Do you think that most usb wireless adapters will have mac alternatives via the website? I am in the same predicament...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.