Macbook switcher.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 ghz white 2 gig Ram
Just wanted to say a quick hello to all on the forum from a very new mac user.
I purchased my rather lovely macbook yesterday from an Apple store in the UK.
Of course I had to rush home to try it..... and was I surprised. Straight out of the box it worked. Set up was easy, it even configured my wireless network for me. No issues at all, and all I have ever used are Windows OS.
I haven't really had a major amount of time to play, but that will change, and it is a little frustrating having worked with Windows for so long, but that's just me.
Just wanted to say thanks to all of you who post here :) .
The information is exceptional and helped me decide on switching.
I do have one question though.... not sure whether anyone can shed any light..... One of the main reasons for purchase is for mobile email and internet access to which I am looking to use my Bluetooth mobile phone. I have already paired the phone and computer but I am unsure about the settings to enter when asked :confused: . Anyone help? If it's any use I'm in the UK on O2.
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20" 2GB/250GB; MacBook 2.0GHz - 1Gb/80GB; iPod (video)60Gb
I struggled with the same thing last week (Sony Ericsson on O2) and even following the O2 instructions could not get it to work. The instructions, being for OS X.2 were a bit out of date. Anyway, I took it into my local Apple Store (Bluewater) and the Apple guy downloaded some pluggins and within about 10 minutes I was up and running. Quite impressed with the speed also (3G).

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 ghz white 2 gig Ram
greggles said:
I struggled with the same thing last week (Sony Ericsson on O2) and even following the O2 instructions could not get it to work. The instructions, being for OS X.2 were a bit out of date. Anyway, I took it into my local Apple Store (Bluewater) and the Apple guy downloaded some pluggins and within about 10 minutes I was up and running. Quite impressed with the speed also (3G).

Thanks for the response.... don't feel like such a numpty now.

I don't suppose you know just what they used, pluggin wise, to rectify this problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.