Using extra mouse buttons (mouse 4 + 5 buttons to go back/forward?)

G

Geesu

I'm a new mac user :) :)

But in windows when I clicked the side buttons on my mouse it would go back/forward in firefox...

How can I configure this for safari/firefox or the OS?

Thanks!!
Josh

OP
G

Geesu

OK so I did that and it just messed my **** up even more...

The middle mouse wouldn't work at all... So I moved it to trash from applications folder, is that how you "uninstall" it? I think installed the drivers from the logitech site for my mouse, and now when i middle click on firefox it doesn't open in a new tab, it opens in a new window and it opens it twice :/

OP
G

Geesu

Opps on swear filter :/ Well I uninstalled it and about everything is fine... Except middlie clicking in firefox no longer opens in a new tab, it opens in a new window :(

Anyone know how I can change this back?

Thanks,
Josh

Reaction score
I've been using Overdrive for years with no problems. Did you set up your applications in it?

BTW: Overdrive has an uninstaller. Just trashing the app doesn't remove the kext from the system, possibly causing problems.

OP
G

Geesu

Yea I uninstalled it... but middle clicks aren't acting like they used to :/ When I middle click it opens links in a new window, not in a new tab for firefox :/

OP
G

Geesu

OK cool... one thing though....

I went to it in system preferences.. and it's set up right
mouse 4 = forward
mouse 5 = backward
middle click = autoscroll

But these buttons do nothing in firefox or safari, anyone know why?

Thanks,
Josh

Reaction score
Set mouse 4 to command-left, mouse 5 to command-right, middle button to command-click.
That should work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.