Take deal on MacBook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G4
I purchased a new iBook G4 in January, as I heard the intels weren't coming out for about a year. As you know, they came out 2 months later! Point being, I have recently been offered a super deal on a MacBook for $800.00. I also have someone who wants to buy my iBook for $700.00. My iBook has an applecare with over 2 years left on it though. Is this worth the loss/extra $100.00 to get the MacBook. The iBook satisfies my needs, it just seems like too good a deal to pass up almost. Also, is the guy getting too big a steal on my iBook. (The iBook has 1.42 Ghz G4 chip, 14" screen, super-drive, and the apple care)

Reaction score
well the macbook is a 13.5 inch screen haha half and inch but ya know and you get an intel chip the only issue i have with the macbook is heat and also the fact of discoloration on the palm rests of the white ones anyways i would say as long as it is in great condition go for it but invest in a invisishield and or marware palm shield.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G4
But do you think that this is a deal that is worth spending money on, seeing how the iBook satifies my needs? It just seems like, since I am loosing the AppleCare, this guy who is buying my iBook is almost ripping me off. Thoughts?

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G4
by the way, the MacBook is brandnew/in the box, and it is the 2Ghz, 60Gig, with the SuperDrive

Reaction score
Oh well if the macbook doesnt have any apple care with it i would hold on to your iBook my moms iBook is still running like a champ she does design work on it she loves it i would be some what peeved just like you about the ibook then 2 months later macbooks are available but i thought i heard you can transfer your apple care to new products so you might want to look into that let me bust out my apple care box and see for you unless the deal is that you give up your apple care cause if that is the case just wait till your ibook dies cause there still good machines

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Stuff
PaladinGuy said:
by the way, the MacBook is brandnew/in the box, and it is the 2Ghz, 60Gig, with the SuperDrive
Daaamn, jump at the deal dude!

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G4
devast8or said:
Oh well if the macbook doesnt have any apple care with it i would hold on to your iBook my moms iBook is still running like a champ she does design work on it she loves it i would be some what peeved just like you about the ibook then 2 months later macbooks are available but i thought i heard you can transfer your apple care to new products so you might want to look into that let me bust out my apple care box and see for you unless the deal is that you give up your apple care cause if that is the case just wait till your ibook dies cause there still good machines

If I can tranfer the applecare, then I will keep it the applecare. However, i thought the AppleCare went by serial number, so you can't transfer it, as to my knowlegde.

Reaction score
okay so i guess you cant transfer it to the new product; but it says here if you giving this to a new owner you have to send or fax a notice of transfer to applecare administration in texas and you have to provide all the information like plan agreement number and serial numbers of the covered equipment. and then information of the new owner like name address email and telephone. I dont know what to tell ya i like both machines if you to take the deal get yourself some protection on it. it sounds like a good deal but some time there to good to be true

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G4
devast8or said:
okay so i guess you cant transfer it to the new product; but it says here if you giving this to a new owner you have to send or fax a notice of transfer to applecare administration in texas and you have to provide all the information like plan agreement number and serial numbers of the covered equipment. and then information of the new owner like name address email and telephone. I dont know what to tell ya i like both machines if you to take the deal get yourself some protection on it. it sounds like a good deal but some time there to good to be true

Do you know if the limited-warranty applies to whoever registers the computer or is it to the person who bought it originally only, even if they didn't use/open it?

Reaction score
well if they didnt use or open it at all, then i think it just goes to whoever registers it so then if you registered it then you would get the limited warranty. im assuming

Reaction score
i would buy the Macbook and sell it right away.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G4
EDIT-XTREEM said:
i would buy the Macbook and sell it right away.

Sell the MacBook? If that is what you are talking about, I don't think I can, as it is a close friend who is offering me the deal. Might be a low thing to do.

Reaction score
Sorry then..... I thought if it was guy who does not know you and you do not know, then ok,

But that fine...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.