Logic board dying?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
I have an iBook G3 500MHZ. Its the only mac I have, sadly, and I have a feeling its dying. I came home today, and tried to get online. Last night it was working, had a full signal from the wireless. Still do right now, but no internet. It says that Airport is connected and has an IP address, but I may not be able to connect to the internet.

Just by that, I was furious, but I opened iTunes and clicked on a song, and all this static came from the speakers. Now, nothing comes from the speakers. This includes the startup chime.

So I guess I don't need to ask you guys this, but is the logic board going out in my iBook?

Reaction score
The exact samae thing was happening to me with my G4. Big problems with itunes also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3
You didn't mention how old your iBook was.
I have had TWO logic board replacements on my G3, luckily done free without hassle.
Let me just say this. Just because Apple guarantees your product for a year, or is it two, doesn't mean that's the end of the story.
You have a right to expect a reasonable life from your laptop, and if it doesn't reach that life you have a right to claim from them. I don't consider one year fro instance a reasonable life.

OP
iBeldar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
Well, it hasn't died. The wireless wasn't working because the cable on my access point doesnt have a prong, so it came out. lol

The sound started working somehow. My friend looked at my laptop and said "you like your mac don't you?" I said, yeah but its dying, and I opened it and pressed the power button and the chime sounded. Now sound works, it doesn't seem to be giving me problems now. So I guess I will be upgrading the HD this weekend after all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black "ULTIMATE" 1GB RAM 80GBHDD 2.0GHZ Processor
Do you have any applecare left?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.