2.0 or 2.16?

C

Crooksey

Im looking to get a macbook pro, and i cam eseeking some advice.

I am stuck between the basic 15" with the 2GB of ram, or the 15" with 2.16GHZ and 1GB ram, what would be better? Mainly for music, school, web surfing, no games, and also some war driving.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 3 GHz 3 gigs of ram & 2004 PowerBook
do not buy the ram from apple... its as easy as that. I am sure someone can link a good sight for some mac book ram

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
With what you are doing I doubt you would even notice a difference in the processor speeds. In my opinion it would be better to get the MBP with the faster processor, since its easier to upgrade RAM then add a new processor.

Newegg.com and crucial.com are good sites for finding RAM for your computer at a competitive price.

Best of luck

OP
T

todd51

I would say stick with the 2.0Ghz processor and just use the money you saved from that to max out the ram.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
I agree... In my opinion the extra processing power is going to be unnoticeable with the applications you will be using. 2gigs of ram vs 1 gig will make a tremendous speed difference. The 2.0 ghz processor is more than fast enough.

OP
M

malentendu

ShillAT said:
just buy a 1 gig 2.0, and get 1 more gig from newegg here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/CustRatingReview.asp?Item=N82E16820231066

I've had it for 3-4 months, works great! but honestly, for the apps you'll be using, i don't see why you have to get an MBP. I would just get a macbook.

i concur with this idea...be economical. honestly there is no difference. i have used both. my roomie has a macbook 2.0 and i have a 2.16 MBP we both have 2 gigs of ram...the ONLY time mine is marg. faster than his, is running games. windows/osx speeds running identical programs are liquid smooth. he enjoys his macbook for music/school/and minor programming. :headphone

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.