Deleting photos from iPhoto

Reaction score
I imported all my photos into iPhoto but somehow I wound up with duplicates - anywhere from two to four of the same picture. When I tried to delete the duplicates I could not find a delete button. There surely must be simple way to delete multiple pictures rather then dragging them one at a time into the trash. Could someone enlighten me please? Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
Hold down the apple key and select all the photos you want to delete. You can then drag all of them to the trash or simply hit the backspace key on your keyboard.

OP
PapaNoHair
Reaction score
michaelstumpf said:
Hold down the apple key and select all the photos you want to delete. You can then drag all of them to the trash or simply hit the backspace key on your keyboard.

Thanks very much! Appreciate your patience while I try and learn this new system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
PapaNoHair said:
Thanks very much! Appreciate your patience while I try and learn this new system.

You can also do Apple (Command) > Delete and it does it right there without having to drag it to the trash.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.