Why does my MacBook turn itself off randomly??

S

sumaarmont

After I turn my MacBook on it frequently turns itself off of its own accord - the screen goes dark and there is a "zap" power sound and I have to press the power button to restart. Sometimes this happens after 10 seconds, sometimes after half an hour and sometimes not at all. What's going on???

Reaction score
That's not a good sign. I've read about logic board failures and that sounds like one. Get it checked out, cause it doesn't sound like something that is fixed without returning it. Sorry to hear about that though. Mine has been fine. Good luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hackintosh ,Quad, Editing Machine
bad logic board common problem , go get it fixed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook @ 2ghz, 1 gig of ram, 100GB HDD
ThaXStank said:
bad logic board common problem , go get it fixed

This is quite disturbing.

OP
T

terraplane

i'm having the same problem and ive only had my macbook (2 ghz) for a week. i've been doing a little reading up on this and a lot people are having these problems. some have sent their computers to be fixed (logic board) but their macbooks still have the same problem. i'm pretty ****** off and i wished that i hadn't blown about $1500 on a computer that i cant rely on, especially after a week.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.