Weird Boot camp problem?

J

joac817

I have been having trouble installing windows via boot camp on my macbook. I made sre i have the latest firmware and software updates then i ran the boot camp assistant. I burned the driver cd and i partitioned the drive. When it came time to start the installation, i inserted the windows sp2 cd and then i clicked the start installation button. It looked like the installation was about to start but instead the mac ejected the cd and that message : "no bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key" I restart my computer and tried to put the windows cd in many times, but the mac keeps on ejecting it. It seem not to read the cd. I also attempted to undo the partioning and redo the entire process several times, but i get the same results. PLz can anyone help me i really wanna get this started...!!

OP
G

gankstalikewhoa

joac817 said:
I have been having trouble installing windows via boot camp on my macbook. I made sre i have the latest firmware and software updates then i ran the boot camp assistant. I burned the driver cd and i partitioned the drive. When it came time to start the installation, i inserted the windows sp2 cd and then i clicked the start installation button. It looked like the installation was about to start but instead the mac ejected the cd and that message : "no bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key" I restart my computer and tried to put the windows cd in many times, but the mac keeps on ejecting it. It seem not to read the cd. I also attempted to undo the partioning and redo the entire process several times, but i get the same results. PLz can anyone help me i really wanna get this started...!!

I get the same problem as well.. except now i just want to go back to the os x .. but i dont know what to do after the black screen that says ""no bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key"" so how do i go about doing that what do i press or do? b/c whenever i restart it just goes to that screen. help! >< I'd be really grateful for any solution. thanks!

Reaction score
It's probably put the Windows partition you made as the Target Disk so that after a successful installation, it would go directly back into Windows. It probably does this before you install, so it doesn't know that you cancelled the Windows installation etc.

Hold down the "on" button until the computer turns off. Then turn it back on, and hold down the Option key and select Macintosh HD (or whatever the Mac drive is called).

Once inside OS X, in System Preferences, make sure you have the correct Startup Disk selected in case next time you reboot it tries to go back to Windows. :dive:

OP
S

sponger85

Was the problem about the macbook ever resolved because I am having the same problem with my macbook ... please help

I have a windows xp home oem sp2 install cd ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4ghz 4GB RAM
Some Windows installations just botch :(

I've had no luck with OEM discs - you might want to pick up a retail copy.

OP
M

mystainsane

I think I found the solution to this. If you have just the regular cd-rw/dvd combo, try reburning the windows xp with 24x because after i did that it started working.

Reaction score
Weird phobias

Very good site, excellent content, I will recommend to my group of readers in the university, I found very interesting article on the internet, including this ... Weird phobias that control your life.....: The humongous list of phobias that you can have find anywhere shares the same characteristics, like the fear of dentist or doctor. Phobias and Fears are emotional reactions to an uncomfortable situation that causes physical and mental responses. Some of the symptoms that affect all of these weird phobias and fears like fear of success or fear of long words include:

1) Horror, terror, confusion, fear and uncontrollable feelings of panic.

2) Unawareness that phobias and fears go beyond. 3) Acceleration of heart beat, extreme sweating, trembling, breathing problems.

Reaction score
Women smokers

Very good site, excellent content, I will recommend to my group of readers in college too, I will leave an input ----> Women smokers By now, we are all aware that smoking is bad for you. Yet more and more women are taking up the habit, in part due to the media image presented of gorgeous women smoking cigarettes and presenting a glamourous image. What kind of effects does this have on women's health, and what can we do about it?

Reaction score
Beautiful Women Smoking Cigars

O:) Beautiful Women Smoking Cigars
Very good site, excellent content, I will recommend to my group of readers in the university, I found very interesting article on the internet, including this ... Restricting the benefit of enjoying a cigar to men is an old-fashioned trend. A trend that is fading in popularity more Beautiful Women Smoking Cigars, and men, realize that the pleasures of smoking cigars belong rightfully to both sexes. More and more Beautiful Women Smoking Cigars are lighting up cigars and discovering the secret pleasures of cigars. Among young professional men and Beautiful Women Smoking Cigars, Cigar Smoking Women has become the trendy thing to do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.