iBook Help

Reaction score
I recently downloaded some files for my phone and now there are atleast 10 icons on my desktop for some reason. Its also bad because when i try to put them in the trash it just makes the noise but they show up again on the desktop. Anyone know what i can do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Can you take a screenshot (Apple + Shift + 3) and attach it here so we can see

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Make sure there's no application running that's using them.

The best suggestion I have would be to reboot your system, then try to delete the files one at a time.

What type of files are these?

OP
A
Reaction score
They are covered on the desk top and are called .seem files. Also all my icons that were recently on my desktop have all somehow stacked up on eachother on top of the hd. I dont know whats wrong. PLease Help!

OP
A
Reaction score
Help Please

Someone please help, my mac is barely even functioning. I try to delete a file, it dissapears for one second then appears back on teh desktop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
alee623 said:
They are covered on the desk top and are called .seem files. Also all my icons that were recently on my desktop have all somehow stacked up on eachother on top of the hd. I dont know whats wrong. PLease Help!
.seem files are what basically control your phone. When people download new ones, they are supposed to 'mod' your phone and tweak it out. It sounds like you got a hold of some poorly written ones, maybe.
Try hitting Command+Option+Esc and quitting any apps that are running, then try to delete the files again.
You may also want to reboot and then try to do the same.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.