cleaning MB

Reaction score
For the screen - use Clean Dr. solution and the included lintfree rag. (works well) because I already have it

For the filthy trackpad , I dampen a paper towel with water, ring it out, and apply pressure (and quickly wipe it with a dry paper towel)

what do I use to clean the outer plastic? just because the casing behind the screen where the apple logo is has a lot of smudges and finger prints and it doesn't look very good right now hah.

screw iKlear, I'm not shelling out 20 dollars for it.

OP
T
Reaction score
Ugh, even after trying to clean the greasy trackpad, it doesnt seem much better.

so i need help with the trackpad and the plastic casing.

but the screen is now perfect :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black "ULTIMATE" 1GB RAM 80GBHDD 2.0GHZ Processor
I use a lint free cloth dampned to clean mine even thecasing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
Just use Windex whipes for the body and those pre-moistened lens cloths they sell at Wal-Mart. Works fine for all our laptops here (my PowerBook, an IBM/ Lenovo, and an HP).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
One of the Geniuses at my local Apple Store told me to make a diluted solution of dishwashing liquid and water and apply it with a soft cloth. That always works wonders for me on the case and the screen.

The tough stains on the wrist areas can be cleaned with a Mr Clean Magic eraser.

I've mentioned in these forums before that I am not a fan of the iKlear items at all-- I've found them to be expensive and not as effective as the solution described above.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook (White), 1GB RAM, 80GB HD | iPod Video 30GB| iPod Nano 1GB
I use an old baby's undershirt and a half and half mixture of isopropyl alcohol and filtered water. I've heard from others that a few commerical screen cleaners are made of similar mixtures.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
I use iKlear and it doesnt remove scratches just cleans. I think it does a nice job but for the money not worth it really.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.