Formatting and re-registering G4 powerbook to a new user. What do I do ?

B

berstad

I need some advice. I have just bought a 12" G4 1.5 mhz powerbook second hand from a friend that got herself a new mac. Now I want to format it, make sure it knows I'm its daddy, in other words change the administrator and registration on it. It runs OSX 10.3 at the moment and I want to install Tiger on it at the same time as well as transferring all my settings from my other G4 12 " 867 mhz powerbook. ( Both have airport )
What is the simplest, safest and most hazzle free way to go about this?
Please help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
install tiger....then use migration assistant to replace all your stuff.....shouldnt be a problem at all.

Reaction score
berstad said:
I need some advice. I have just bought a 12" G4 1.5 mhz powerbook second hand from a friend that got herself a new mac. Now I want to format it, make sure it knows I'm its daddy, in other words change the administrator and registration on it. It runs OSX 10.3 at the moment and I want to install Tiger on it at the same time as well as transferring all my settings from my other G4 12 " 867 mhz powerbook. ( Both have airport )
What is the simplest, safest and most hazzle free way to go about this?
Please help.

Tiger's Migration Assistant

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.