• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Dvorak: Apple to go Intel within 18 Months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

YanBooth

AstralZenith said:
:eek: :blink: :huh: :unsure: <_<

why Intel!? they became the ***** CPU long ago... wouldnt AMD be a wiser choice if they are dumping motorola, and they can just choose?

I agree, I think Intel has a monopoly on the market, a monopoly ruled by cheap, crappy, HOT, low quality CPU's. I wish they would go with AMD dual core CPU's... 128 bit!

MEH

K

Kokopelli

Before you post, please check the date on the last post. It is not polite to resurrect a thread that has not seen activity in over a year.

Z

zap2

''apple's concern is that Motorola may muddy the situation, so Jobs will have to convince Motorola and customers that the PowerPC will not be phased out but will remain as part of a dual-processor architecture.'' from article

so is the do go to intel(please no) we still have a powerPc

S

Subzero3886

SHould I wait for that, instead of getting my Powerbook G4 in June, so I can have intel processors in my Powerbook

K

Kokopelli

... This thread, which started 2 years ago, suggested Apple would move to Intel in 18 months (six months ago). Apple is not moving to Intel, nor are the moving to AMD. This is Dvorak making a wildly speculative statement and being wrong.

M

meltbanana314

Subzero3886 said:
SHould I wait for that, instead of getting my Powerbook G4 in June, so I can have intel processors in my Powerbook

No, no. It's not going to happen. People like Dvorak (and Cringely) make stupid observations about how Apple isn't doing well and that they'll do some ridiculous thing like this (remember, these are the same type of people who thought the iPod was going to be disasterous flop.)

Intel's Itaniums are expensive and inefficent and don't hold a candle to the PowerPC line of processors. Apple would never use them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Mods? Want me to hold this baby down while you shoot em'?

lol..I meant, you want close up this thread. It seems like its not doing anything but confusing new users!

Z

zap2

wow that was odd i was scarded for a litle there

nw that i think about this i reammber reading this in some ones sig weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.