• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Dvorak: Apple to go Intel within 18 Months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
AstralZenith, please try to keep the derogatory comments to yourself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
I guess this never happened? Just a "rumor" and nothing more? Anymore news on this subject?

:confused:

sKaD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
Man, bringing back the dead :)

I don't see this happening anytime soon. Why would they risk changing chips twice in 2 years. G5 all the way!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
I forget what thread I was in... but at the bottom it has the "Similar Threads" anyways, this topic had nothing to do with the recent one I was looking at. Well anyways, the title of course made me curious.

I don't see it happening anymore either. I mean, it was talking about Apple going with Intel's 64-bit processor and currently I'm on a 64-bit processor so apparently they didn't go with Intel.

:)

sKaD

I

iMags

I just happened to be looking through the threads on this particular topic, and although it is definately a dead argument as to whether or not Apple will get a new chip maker or not (Good reason not to get Stock tips from internet forums), what really interested me the most was the dates of the conversation. March 20th I was busy kicking off the Coalition Air war, and on the 23rd we moved to An Najaf, Iraq only about 3 miles behind the tanks. Now I know what I was thinking aobut those days, but what I'm wondering is what was going on in the minds of some of those in this thread. I'd like to envision that at least CNN (or my new personal favorite, Fox News) was on the TV in the background as these mind numbing questions were thrown around cyberspace. While you guys were busy pissing in each others corn flakes about Prcessor hardware, was any one even aware that we were at war, lives were being lost, and that we were winning the most decicive military victory in history?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
yes, there was a war. yes i knew about it, but i cant drop everything on my mind to focus on one thing. i spent many more hours talking to my friend in the army in fear it could be the last time i talked to him than i did on this topic, but i still thought about this topic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
lol, so lame.

sKaD

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
30 replies and 1655 views
Oh my goodness

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
lol, indeed.

sKaD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
lol, such a slacker Graphite ;)

sKaD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Switching

Hmm.....This gives me somthing to think about..... I was thinking of switching in about July 04..... Do you think they will have the intel chips by then....or should I just wait a little longer?????

I'm kinda itching to get a new Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
I don't really see Apple going Intel anytime in the next couple years.

IBM is creating some really powerful chips for Apple. There would be no reason to go Intel at the moment.

sKaD

C

cthree

Looks like this rumour and the one about PB upgrades circa superbowl sunday are just plain bunk.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
well apple did go to a new chip... called the G5 :D

superbowl.. well if u read the 20th anni thread or "what do you hope to see in 2004" thread ude see that I predict the PB G5 summer 2005 or later..

we were thinking on the superbowl a new anni mac only our for a while (much like the last 20th apple)

T

TylerMoney

Alright. I am both a pc and a mac user. I have only been a mac user for about a year. So I grew up building my own pc's. I'd have to say with my experience, AMD treated me better. All intel chips I've had have seemed much slower...I'm running a thunderbird 1800+ in my pc right now...I think......and it's awesome. My parents just bought a dell with a p4...2.somethign....and I can't stand it compared to my pc. then there is my mac. I love mac, but it's more for their design and their software and os. So, I would hope that they go with AMD, but they'll make intel work beautifully. Or at least they'd better. I have a whole life ahead of me with mac. They stolen my heart, so they'd better not break it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
This is old.. they already went with IBM.. and intel is only better than AMD because AMD is proven to crash more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.