Mac mini slow on myspace

M

macmini12

My mac mini is 1.25ghz, 1gb ram 40gb hd and 32mb 9200. When i go on www.myspace.com and view certain profiles the page loads very slow and when you move the page up or down its so slow it jumps and dont move smooth. I have 2mb broadband and on my laptop which is 700mhz runing windows xp pro its totaly smooth. Ive tried alot of browsers and there all the same. just wondering why anyone had any sugestions.

:headphone Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Snow. 500 MHz DV Special Edition OS X.3.9 640 RAM 130GB
seems like any computer i use w/ myspace is slow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Well I hate to say it but 1) Myspace sucks [that's not what I hate to say, that's common knowledge] 2) Myspace was designed on windows with only windows and IE in mind therefor since IE is so non-standard with all other browsers it will be the only one that will give you that good performance on Myspace. All you can hope for is that "Tom" gets a Mac or enough people complain that he makes it work properly with more browsers, but unfortunately for most people that use Myspace IE is all they know.

PS: I don't even think FireFox on PC works right with Myspace.

OP
M

macmini12

Benjamindaines said:
Well I hate to say it but 1) Myspace sucks [that's not what I hate to say, that's common knowledge] 2) Myspace was designed on windows with only windows and IE in mind therefor since IE is so non-standard with all other browsers it will be the only one that will give you that good performance on Myspace. All you can hope for is that "Tom" gets a Mac or enough people complain that he makes it work properly with more browsers, but unfortunately for most people that use Myspace IE is all they know.

PS: I don't even think FireFox on PC works right with Myspace.

Thanks for reply what about if i use IE for mac ill give it a try.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
macmini12 said:
Thanks for reply what about if i use IE for mac ill give it a try.
That might work but I doubt it, IE for the Mac hasn't been updated by Microsoft (and is actually discontinued now) in years.

OP
M

macmini12

I tried it and when it finaly decided to load the page was displayed everywhere things was all in the wrong places.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Don't have one yet.
Lately, MySpace seems to have gone through some changes. I got on there a few times this year and it would either lock up, be slow or flicker and flash. MySpace use to be faster than it is now days. So I don't believe at all that it's your Mac. It's not even my Windows. And even though I don't like Windows anymore, it's MySpace that's acting up when I go there, not my pc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Snow. 500 MHz DV Special Edition OS X.3.9 640 RAM 130GB
macmini12 said:
Does pages on myspace jump badly hardly any of them are smooth.

Yup. sometimes it takes forever to just log on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
Definately a MySpace issue not your computer. Its slow especially after work hours. Try it some time when most people are at work, it's usually faster. Try opening some other web pages at the same time if they open fine it's gotta be a myspace traffic jam.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
It's not your mac its the fact that millions of 12 year old girls are getting seduced by 22 year old men. Then the servers get very congested and everything gets bogged down. I have used myspace on IE and Safari and they were both the same.

OP
P

Project Black

Don't feel bad... I'm using an Athlon 64 3000+ (Over clocked to 2.4ghz) 1GB PC3200 DDR, Geforce FX 6600 w/ 256MB DDR3... etc, etc...

And Myspace will *OFTEN* lock up, crash my browser... etc. It's Myspace, and *ONLY* Myspace that does it.

Look up, America! And would you recommend that Mac Mini for a fella who wants to use it for video editing? I hear the Mac Minis feature the Intel Duo Core, but that older software (Final Cut Pro, etc) isn't coded to use that processor properly so it often locks up and craps out...

macmini12 said:
My mac mini is 1.25ghz, 1gb ram 40gb hd and 32mb 9200. When i go on www.myspace.com and view certain profiles the page loads very slow and when you move the page up or down its so slow it jumps and dont move smooth. I have 2mb broadband and on my laptop which is 700mhz runing windows xp pro its totaly smooth. Ive tried alot of browsers and there all the same. just wondering why anyone had any sugestions.

:headphone Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" PBook G4 1.67/1.5GB
Welcome to the club!

You can thank all those users who stick those useless flash and java applets on their page for slowing down browsers. I have certain friends' profiles I just won't visit because I know opening that page will crash Firefox and Safari.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.