Superdrive eject problem (iMac Intel 1.83Ghz)

R

Redinox

Yesterday I tried to burn a cd-r with my iMac (iMac Intel 1.83). The cd-r failed to burn, it stuck (eject was not working) and I had to reboot. I used another cd-r, but during the burn process it stoped responding and when i ejected it, together with the cd-r came out of the supedrive a transparent round plastic (cd shape with a hole in the middle)!!! Now, if it was one of these plastics that come as protective on cd cases I most probably would have noticed it, since I check the cd-r before I insert it (furthermore, the superdrive slot is too narrow to allow it to pass). Since tis incident, my superdrive works fine, but I have trouble ejecting a cd or dvd (it takes 2 to 3 efforts to succesfully eject a media). Is there a possibility that this piece of plastic was a part of the superdrive? (it may sound a stupid question, but I'd like to examine any possible reason before I take my Mac for check or repair.

OP
C

Ch@os

Redinox said:
Yesterday I tried to burn a cd-r with my iMac (iMac Intel 1.83). The cd-r failed to burn, it stuck (eject was not working) and I had to reboot. I used another cd-r, but during the burn process it stoped responding and when i ejected it, together with the cd-r came out of the supedrive a transparent round plastic (cd shape with a hole in the middle)!!! Now, if it was one of these plastics that come as protective on cd cases I most probably would have noticed it, since I check the cd-r before I insert it (furthermore, the superdrive slot is too narrow to allow it to pass). Since tis incident, my superdrive works fine, but I have trouble ejecting a cd or dvd (it takes 2 to 3 efforts to succesfully eject a media). Is there a possibility that this piece of plastic was a part of the superdrive? (it may sound a stupid question, but I'd like to examine any possible reason before I take my Mac for check or repair.

If it is definatly not a protector disc it is possible that the label that contains the recordable dye has come off inside the drive. Very unlikely but could happen

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.