iPod in the car.

Reaction score
Hi all.

My iPod arrived yesterday from Apple and I have no idea why I waited so long to get one. I also picked up a Griffin Roadtrip for the car. It works well but the only catch is my iPod won't fit unless I take it out of the case. Which, aside from being a pain in the rear, kind of defeats the purpose of the case if I'm taking it in and out all the time.

Anyone have any thoughts, suggestions, ideas, random musings ...

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP- 2.4GHz (13-inch), 8GB, 250GB; Mac mini 2.0, 2GB, 120GB HD; 2017 iPad 9.7, iPhone 11Pro (64GB)
mynameis said:
Hardwire it instead!

Most definitely! I had my hardwired at Tweeters and the sound is great!

OP
H
Reaction score
mynameis said:
Hardwire it instead!
Thats what I'm thinking about. It'll all depend on the cost. Just out of curiosity what have other people paid for installations?

Reaction score
I did mine myself, less than $100 in parts. You can buy more expensive stuff that allows you to control the iPod through your head unit, but I just didn't see the value in that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5, iBook, 60gb iPod Photo, iPod mini and two shuffles
iTrips are illegal in the UK for some stupid reason and using them carries a maximum of two years inside.

No point to this other than its a stupid law.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP- 2.4GHz (13-inch), 8GB, 250GB; Mac mini 2.0, 2GB, 120GB HD; 2017 iPad 9.7, iPhone 11Pro (64GB)
harris2 said:
Thats what I'm thinking about. It'll all depend on the cost. Just out of curiosity what have other people paid for installations?

I can't remember the exact cost, but it was between $400 and $450. I can control my iPod from my head unit, or steering wheel controls. Plus I bought a amp and it was installed too, included in the price.

G

grahamgoh

The DLO Transpod works beautifully. I love it.
dlo-transpod8.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
davetheblaze said:
iTrips are illegal in the UK for some stupid reason and using them carries a maximum of two years inside.

No point to this other than its a stupid law.

I think controlling iPods in the car is just as dangerous if not more dangerous then talking on cellphones when driving

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.