Airport troubles

R

Rock Hardwell

I can't seem to get internet working on my macbook. I'm using a linksys router that receives the cable modem and is wired to the PC downstairs. The internet works fine on the PC and my macbook is connected to the linksys router, but internet will still not work.

What's strange is that I had just moved out of an apartment with this same setup and my airport worked fine. I've got the modem running into the "Uplink" port on the linksys and the PC running into the 1st port.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
P

paelick

Rock Hardwell said:
I can't seem to get internet working on my macbook. I'm using a linksys router that receives the cable modem and is wired to the PC downstairs. The internet works fine on the PC and my macbook is connected to the linksys router, but internet will still not work.

What's strange is that I had just moved out of an apartment with this same setup and my airport worked fine. I've got the modem running into the "Uplink" port on the linksys and the PC running into the 1st port.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same problem, no luck yet figuring out what I am doing wrong. I am using a D-Link DL-524 wireless router.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Macbook and D-Link Dl-524

I have the same problem with the same equipment.

My network runs off a Dell desktop computer with the D-Link Dl-524 attached with a Cat 5 cable.

My Macbook was working fine for eigth month using Airport until 2 days ago.
I seem to recall getting some sort of upgrade and then losing my connection.

I also wonder if someone has hacked my network.

I am trying to figure out how to recreate the network with additional security but each time I create it, I still can not get the MacBook to connect using the Airport software.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.