Wireless Antenna

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
OK, so i have a macbook and we have a wireless pre-n network in our house. our wireless router is in our basement and my macbook is used in my room at my desk a lot. it gets the wireless alright (1-3 bars, usually 2) and after its connected for a while and the internet starts up and connects well, but its way slower than when im on the first floor of our house. what i want to kno is if there is an antenna that would help with my wireless problem. i think i saw something that plugged into a socket by the router then plugged into a socket by the computer. but i think it was for airport. so, PLEASE, someone HELP!!!

OP
CarlConti08
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Try Google. Some wireless routers will allow external antennas, some won't. How well they work seems to be open to debate. The easier solution would be to move the wireless router out of the basement though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.