Why can't I mount Disk Images?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
Yesterday I updated my PowerMac G4 from 10.4.3 to 10.4.7. As a result of all this updating and permission repairing, my computer started acting very strange. I downloaded an update for Firefox 1.5.0.6, and when I tried to open the disk image, my computer displayed an error message that said "codec overrun."

At first, I thought my computer was just being picky because I was updating from Firefox 1.5, so I decided to find an older version and download that instead. After some careful searching, I succesfully downloaded Firefox 1.5.0.1. Once that was downloaded, I tried to update other programs on my computer, including Firefox, but I kept getting an error message that said "invalid checksum." Still puzzled, I found my Tiger Install CD and ran Disk Utility from the DVD. It repaired a few permissions, but repairs didn't seem to have any effect on the computer.

After that, I went onto this lovely site and did some searching, but I didn't find anything that was relevant to my problem.

Does anyone have any insight into this strange problem I'm having? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.