Sleeve for protection?

J

jeffzenxy

Huzzk... finally i found this new cool sleeve

Hi everyone...

Just to share with u guys... i found a new designer Mac sleeve... it come with 2 sizes... 13" for new mac book and 15.4" for new mac book pro... is all rubberized material which is water resistants... any of u know where to buy?

www.huzzk.com

Tyre1.jpg

Flower2.jpg

Dot2.jpg

C

CWMac

I tried Crumplers Little Pimp bag but found the sleeve that came with it too small (even though the shop says the bags made for the MacBook) So i bought a Tucano Neoprene sleeve Like this one in black . Then my daughter pestered me to give her the bag lol.
So i bought another Crumpler, slightly bigger this time, the Cheesy Disco. Its internal sleeve is a tad too big for the MacBook so now i have my MB encased in neoprene inside a crumpler rip proof water proof reinforced sleeve inside my bag lol.

BTW whats the difference between a vertical sleeve and a horizontal one? Cause arent they all just sleeves that are ment for covering as apposed to transporting like bags? :)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
my messenger bag has a built in sleeve...

7_i_jb-jb-jb.jpg

it's one of these:
4_f_jb-jb-jb.jpg

Rugged ballistic nylon exterior
Molded padded back panel for added comfort
Double padded, waterproof, rubberized bottom
Extra padded carrying handle
Quick-adjust removable shoulder strap
Plush corduroy-lined computer compartment
Internal organizer panel with cell phone and MP3 pocket; key ring tether
Heavy-duty stitching
made by timbuk2

nice thing is i can carry tons of stuff in there, and it comes to work with me every day whether i carry the macbook or not. it's got loads of small zippered compartments for stuff, and typically carries my mp3 player, nintendo ds and charger, small flash card case to carry nintendo ds games, phone charger, gum, pens, loose change, digital camera, spare batteries (for camera and mp3 player), yo-yo, knife/fork/spoon, a magazine or two, whatever i print at work for myself that i forget to remove when i get home, pocketknife, nail clippers, and a spare mac store plastic bag - reused numerous times for carrying anything that won't fit in the bag as needed, etc.

it's very rugged, very high quality, and the best bag i've ever owned.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
jeffzenxy, since you've been a member since August, I'd hardly call you a new member. Also, since the only 5 posts you've made refer to this bag, I'm going to take a wild guess and say you somehow profit from it's sale and just chime in whenever there's a post about cases. If so, just come out and say it!! There's nothing worse than sleezy salespeople running lines to sell their product.

Sorry if this is offensive, but it's just down right annoying.

Reaction score
does it fit?

anyone know if that huzzk one fits a PowerBook 15"...I want that tire lookin one...i don't care if that one guy is a sales man for the company...I've seen them on e-bay...for some reason the only tire one i found was going for $999.00!!!:eek: which I thought was a little wierd considering the other ones were only $39.95...

All I know is that I need a sleeve cause I hate the brenthaven bag i got cause I can't carry anything else with it...would rather just throw it in the sleeve then in my back pack...:headphone

:bomb: I'm on the verg of making my own and screening one of my own designs onto the outside...i'm crafty like that...maybe even make a leather trim...

at anyrate...let me know cause i would rather spend money than use the unlimited power of my imagination...who needs individuality when you've got the all mighty dollar (more like pound, euro or yen now):yinyang:

Reaction score
i have the black Incase sleeve off the apple website, have owned it for about 3 months now and use it alot while on the fly, just through my macbook in my case then my bag on my way to class. it stays very well protected and the material on the inside does not scratch the white macbook itself. i recommend the incase sleeve.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
I (finally) got my Moshi case today and am very happy with it. There are so many cases and sleeves out there that it's pretty much pot luck unless you can take a look in person. So, you can take my word for it that this is a very good case. I was looking for something not too large but with good protection - If this had turned out to be useless I'd have gone for the Vyper which also looks pretty tough.

http://chipchick.com/2006/09/review_of_codex.html - A good review and the 1st place I heard about the Moshi.

Basically its made of some strange material that, although thin, seems like it could take a beating. And it comes with a case for the remote which is pretty cool. I wouldn't use it for too long while in the case as it suggests though, can't help the heat much...

Hope that helps!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.