Unimplemented Trap

R

RunLogan

Long story short. I have a partitioned harddrive 9.2.2 and 10.3. While in OSX I deleted some Norton files..when I restarted in 9.2.2 it gave me the blinking disk and ?. When using startup disk and holding down "c" I get the error bomb with "unimplemented trap" and "file system map inconsistant" Has anyone experienced this? Thanks in advance.

G4 Dual 1.2
1G Mem
FW 400

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Norton is somewhat notorious for that. Try booting into 9.2.2 holding down the shift key. This will bypass all the extension and control panels. Holding down C will only work if you have another bootable drive (which the 10.3 disc should be, but maybe not) or a bootable CD in there...

OP
R

RunLogan

You know what. When I hold down the shift key: underneath the error message it will say that the extentions are bypassed but the same error will still come up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Ok, Insert bootable CD/DVD (OS9 or OSX), reboot and hold down the C key. It should boot to the CD/DVD and you can choose to boot from the other system (10.3) from there. If you still have problems, run disc utility from the OSX disc while booted from it.

OP
R

RunLogan

The OSX disks wouldnt boot up either. You know what, I found that if I hold down the option key I could see the two bootable harddrives (os9 and osX). So OSX is working fine. I tried disk repair to no avail. There wasnt much but OS9 on one partition so i just x'ed out that partition. Now when I want to load a fresh install of OS9 it will only boot up in OSX. Thoughts?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.