iWeb question about background

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5, iBook, 60gb iPod Photo, iPod mini and two shuffles
Ive just begun work on my first iWeb site and changed the background to an image, this is using the Gazette template.

The page looks good but I have a strip across the top underneather the title which has remained the beige colour of the template rather than taking the image.

I played around with the page inspector but cant get this to change.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
That image and the one used at the bottom cannot by changed using iWeb alone, there are 3 options:

- Cover the image with something else, maybe silly but is the easiest i can think of.
- Change the image with something else. Open the application iWeb (rigth click and select Show package contents...) and follow this path Contents>Resources>English.lproj>Templates then you will find 7 folders and a file called TemplatesInfo.plist. Choose the folder according the page you want to change (Blog, About, Welcome or other). Look for the required file (Gazette Blog.webtemplate or similar), rigth click on it and select "Show package content..." again. Inside you will find several images, look for the one you need and replace it with one that has the SAME WIDTH AND HEIGHT and the SAME NAME AND EXTENSION. The next time you create a page using that template the image you used will appear instead of the original.
- Change the template. Do you really want to do this?

Hope this help.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5, iBook, 60gb iPod Photo, iPod mini and two shuffles
Stress over, I took your advice and put a box over it with some greys graduating into each other.

To be honest its something i would never have tried but it looks pretty good, probably better than it would have the way i wanted.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.