Help on making images for OsCommerce site

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 15" PowerBook 1.3Ghz, 1gb, 120gb hd
Ok, I hope someone here can help me. I am working on our website for work and we are putting in all new products ect. in oscommerce.

I have our photos which are rather old, but they will work for now. I am trying to crop out the backgrounds and make them transparent gifs - no problem there. Anywhays, i'm making them 400x400 pixels @ 72dpi. When you upload them through the os commerce cp, it automatically makes thumbnails for them which are like 80x80.

The problem is that when you go to the webpage, the pictures look rather rigid. You can then enlarge the thumbnail and they look like they are supposed to. We can view them fine on both our macs here, but when we use Windows, they have problems.

I have also tried to save the pictures as a jpeg and this doesn't solve the problem either.

Please someone give me some kind of hints here!! You can look at what I have so far here. Don't even look at the root site, my uncle did it in frontpage and it is horrible!!

Thanks mac friends!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I believe there is a configuration value in the admin that sets the thumbnail sizes. You'll want to check there. Also if you are interested in the future, you might want to look at http://www.eshox.com/eshox3/ for eCommerce.. it's quite a bit better than osCommerce, but it isn't free like osC is.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 15" PowerBook 1.3Ghz, 1gb, 120gb hd
Well, so far i'm not impressed with osc. I did some more research and found that this is a problem others have had too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.