can't hear any web-based audio

A

ambj1994

I can't seem to hear any web-based audios. I listen to iTunes and other mp3s and speakers are up and my sound effects/input/output are way up but still I can't hear any audio. What's going on? Help. :confused:

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Did you install any audio based programs before the problem occured?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Strange. I had the same problem and I described it in this thread, but I never received an answer.

I logged out of my account and logged in under one of my kids' accounts and the audio worked just fine. Then I logged out and back into my account, and everything worked again.

Strangest thing I ever experienced with my Mini.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
Fix!! For no sound in Safari

Go into applications->utilities. Open Audio MIDI Setup. Put audio output to 44100.0 Hz. I had this issue and fixed mine this way. I think Audacity messed mine up somehow. But my safari has sound again.

Picture 1.jpg

Reaction score
Audacity Application Impacts Web-based audio

I noticed that I was only able to get audio on my Macbook pro via iTunes and, strangely, HBO when it was hooked up to my TV. I could not figure out what the culprit might be until I got on here and noticed others discussing Audacity issues. I had to override security settings in order to even install Audacity in the first place. In any case, since I no longer needed it for work, I removed the app and all related files. After I restarted it I all sound was restored!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I noticed that I was only able to get audio on my Macbook pro via iTunes and, strangely, HBO when it was hooked up to my TV. I could not figure out what the culprit might be until I got on here and noticed others discussing Audacity issues. I had to override security settings in order to even install Audacity in the first place. In any case, since I no longer needed it for work, I removed the app and all related files. After I restarted it I all sound was restored!

Hi Elinore - welcome to the forum and thanks for the information - not sure if you realized that you responded to nearly a 9 year old thread - might want to start a new one and introduce yourself to the forum - hope that you enjoy. Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.