System slow in morning

Reaction score
Hi All

I've had my intel Imac 17" for about 6 months now. After about a month of use it has been really slow to wake up in the morning. The system is set to sleep after 20 minutes it goes to sleep a number of times during the day and always comes right back out without issue. But in the morning after being asleep all night it is really slow. By slow I mean almost 3 minutes to come out of sleep mode and then it will take 1 to 5 minutes to respond to mouse actions. I have to reboot the system to clear up this behavior.

I have checked memory and processes and there doesn't seem to be anything eating up system resources.

I am at a loss any ideas?

Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
Hmm that sounds pretty odd. I would reset your Pram and Pmu. Did you install any of the ram yourself?

OP
C
Reaction score
MacMania55 said:
Hmm that sounds pretty odd. I would reset your Pram and Pmu. Did you install any of the ram yourself?

Why yes I did... I added 1gig of ram after the purchase.. I will do that Thanks ..

Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
The fix is easy - it needs more coffee! :p

Get a cup of coffee
Pour into optical drive opening
Done!

Machine will now work very well. We are ALL a little slow in the morning! :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.