reinstallation of OS Problem

J

judens

Hi every Body.
I am very happy to be part of that team. That’s a great satisfaction for me as a computer scientist.

My problem is: I’m new to Mac, I have a little trouble with a Macintosh desktop. I don’t know what happens, the Operating System seems to be failed, because once I tried to boot up it does not respond. It only takes a little time, after I only see a question mark in its middle, and the screen is green.I have to mention that it’s an “ iMac, G3, 333Mhz, OS 8.6”

I was trying to reinstall the OS, the installation CD, that is a copy, does not take over and the same thing appears, that is the ?, and the green screen. I was trying to enter the Bios, but I don’t know the process. I was thinking that the CD Rom drive might have a problem, but it worked before.

I count on your help to solve that problem, and help me know how Mac works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
you know to boot from a cd that as soon as you hold down the power button you need to hold down the "c" key, right? That should boot from the CD in the drive.

And if your copy of Mac OS is not legal, I suggest you not discuss that here, we will not help you with any illegal activity.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.