Webcam Question

Reaction score
So I have an ibook. I Just bought a Logitech pro 5000 for my ibook. Does anybody know where I can find a program that will let me use a PC webcam on the mac? Please let me know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
check the logitech website...otherwise look at macam.

OP
D
Reaction score
What do you suggest is the best camera for the ibook that is supported through macam.

OP
D
Reaction score
Hm thats weird. Under where it says What's USB compatible, it lists all the macam's webcams. Whats the point of the program if i can just download the driver from macam?

Reaction score
i woulda just went with an isight lol. i have one and the picture quality is incredible.

tried messing around with my logitech one, and had no luck what so ever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 1.33 Ghz, 768 RAM
I agree with macpwns!

I have the isight and it is the best cam around.
Now if only I could get the cash together for a macbook!

pphking

OP
D
Reaction score
Yeah but spending a 150 on an isight hits the pocketbook pretty hard. Any cheaper ways to get one?

Reaction score
I don't have a webcam but I read somewhere on this forum that iSight has the drawback of not being portable....like no-one want's to have to move their computer around to capture certain things.....much easier to move a web cam....

Reaction score
Pulse-8 said:
I don't have a webcam but I read somewhere on this forum that iSight has the drawback of not being portable....like no-one want's to have to move their computer around to capture certain things.....much easier to move a web cam....

the isight comes with a ton of accessories in the box to make it work with any computer/mac. it has the magnetic holder for imacs, and the hook thing for the ibook/powerbook, and even has the proper stand for the old (round) imacs/emacs and even works well on a desk. the isight also comes with a protective carrying tube. its simple for laptops, if you have a bag, throw it all in the tube, or just close the lens and away you go.

the isight also has the hindge built in so you can move it around on all axis just like you would any other webcam. definitely worth the $150 in my opinion: quality, and exact same portibility as any other webcam out there.

Reaction score
That would be the external version of iSight?

When I answered earlier I wasn't aware that there was the option of internal/external iSight :)

OP
D
Reaction score
Well I wish i had waited and bought a macbook. Its cheaper than 14'' ibook plus comes with the built in isight

Reaction score
UP !!

Apple no longer sells de iSight !!!?

I need a GOOD webcam to use with a ibook g4 1.2ghz 12".
I want good quality picture.

I have logictech pro5000 and the quality is not that great because the OSX does not use specific drivers for the wecbcam. So the software designed for windows is not applied and the quality is just....meddium on the ibook. And it stutters...

What is the best webcam money no object for my ibook ?
I want to use SKYPE (not ichat) because need to comunicate with PCs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
I have a Rocketfish webcam ($50 at Best Buy) that works fine with a non-camera equipped Mac. I know this because I bought it for my parents who have my old Mac Mini, and I tested it before sending it to them. They can (with iChatUSB) do video chats with me (or anyone else for that matter), and it's a decent quality camera for $50. That it definitely works with a Mac (and even has drivers for MacOS X) is a plus.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.