Leopard, When it arrives

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 iBook
I like to plan ahead.. I'm wondering whether Leopard will run as smoothly on my G4 iBook 1.33, 1GB RAM when it comes out as Tiger currently does. Is it supposed to be more of a resource hog? I'd hate to have to buy a Macbook, the extra inch is just so noticeable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
No one knows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Yes, nobody will be able to answer that until it comes out. And nobody knows exactly when that will be, other than first half of 2007.

Reaction score
Nobody really knows for sure, but my guess is that it will run fine. With 1 gig of ram and 1.33 ghz, it will be fine. I mean Tiger runs smoothly on my 500mhz cube with 640 mb of ram and that machine was didcontinued years ago.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
"I'd hate to have to buy a Macbook, the extra inch is just so noticeable."

That sentence makes me laugh.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
Well at WWDC Steve said that Leopard would still run on G3 processors. Im my opinion if it was really that much of a resource hog then they wouldn't have mentioned that it would run on G3 machines, so I think your going to be ok. Also it would be a real slap in the face to customers if they recently bought an iBook and they couldn't run Leopard.

If....if you do run into some system hang-ups I'm sure that if you added some more RAM you would be fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.