single vs dual processors

L

leesa

I am planning on switching to Mac computers and am hoping someone can give me some adivce on which to buy. I am planning on primarily using Adobe Creative Suite in my business. Is there a benefit to the dual processor g5 in this application, or is the dual processor primarily for video editing? I can't seem to get an answer from anyone. With the cost of all new software and a new system, it would be nice to use the single processor but am I buying problems in the future?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
apart from apple's software Adobe is the best at taking advantage of the superior hardware that apple uses. Since you are primarly using CS I think it would be beneficial in the short and long run that you get the Dual Processors. Photoshop is already optimized for the G5's 64 bit architecture and adobe does a great job and programming for the dual processor

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.