Seeing who is connected to your wireless network

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2GHz PowerMac G5 + 20" Apple Cinema Display
Hi, I have a wireless network set up using Airport Extreme, which is secured using 128 bit WEP.

The past few days, a guy in a Range Rover has parked up outside my house, and has been using a laptop from his car, so I'm kinda paranoid that he's using my wireless network!

Is there any programs I can use to see a list of computers connected to my network?

Thanks!

EDIT: I also can't find any other networks when I click the airport icon in the top right, so I don't think any of my neighbours have a wireless network!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G
your wireless router should have a section that lists what computer are connect and on what IP.

you could uncrease the secrity and only allow your MAC address to connect, make it that much harder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.16Ghz Core Duo 1GB Ram 80GB
Mathiau said:
your wireless router should have a section that lists what computer are connect and on what IP.

So far, no router I've seen with show you every connection, just those using DHCP. If the guy is on his network, he's obviously smart enough to crack the WEP encryption, which is really easy to crack anyway, so chances are he wouldn't use DHCP also.

MAC filtering is a great idea but also, you should switch to WPA encryption instead of WEP. It's MUCH stronger.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
Why would this guy be using your wireless network. Many places now offer free wi-fi. Maybe your just getting yourself too paranoid. I would switch the encryption to Wep and use the MAC address filtering. Also change your SSID and make it invisible or "closed netowork" That should do the trick!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
The easiest thing you can do is power down your network, when you see him. Then watch is reaction.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.