Copyrighting websites

J

jss05a

If I was to copyright my website, would every single item included in it be copyrighted as well. For instance, if I upload people's original music on there (not mine), is it protected by my copyright?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac Intel Core Dou, 2 Gigs RAM, 100 GB hard drive.
No, it's also illeagal if their music is coppywritten.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G
No, you can copyright your domain name, and you can copyright YOUR material that YOU OWN on it, but you can not take over ownership from someone else's material by posting it on your site.

thas like me stealing your car and parking it in my garage and then saying, sorry, is in my garage, is mine now!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Sep 09, 2.66Ghz C2D, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb HDD 7200rpm, 10.6.x / iPod Touch 8Gb
Mathiau said:
No, you can copyright your domain name, and you can copyright YOUR material that YOU OWN on it, but you can not take over ownership from someone else's material by posting it on your site.

thas like me stealing your car and parking it in my garage and then saying, sorry, is in my garage, is mine now!

If the music was created from a none famous person and the music was to be put on your site, the idea of the music would be copyrighted under your copyright aslong as the person who produced the track would agree you get sole rights.. otherwise you would need a verbal or written contract between you and the producer to put it on your site legaly and then if it did get stolen depending on the contract with the producer you may suffer media publication fees or if you only put it on your site then you producer has to sue the person whos stolen it with there copyright. excluding you.

Music is a funny old business..

http://www.cmlc.org.uk/first.html

For instance if you created a video you can get a License from CMLC to put any 10 music tracks from any artist on your video aslong as it was played on the day of filming..

http://www.cmlc.org.uk/first.html should be your first source if you want to host music on your site.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.