Install The Sims 2 PC version on Mac Book?

Reaction score
Hi! I finally bought my black mac book & am loving every inch of it.
I do however have question regarding The Sims 2

I would like to install The Sims 2 PC version & all its expansion packs in my mac book. is it possible (system requirements etc?)? i haven't install windows yet but i will as soon as i find out that it is possible for me to play TS2 PC version here.

sorry for the dumb question but i did search through the previous threads but couldn't find any REAL & CLEAR answers
Thx :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
as long as its running windows. you are more then fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G
Yes, it is possible as said once windows is installed.

but i dont think Sims 2 will run very well in the integrated Intel graphics, you will prob have to turn all the details down to low.

even when i had my x800 PRO card i couldnt run Sim 2 with things set too high.

Reaction score
would maxing out the RAM help at all with the graphics and slow down or its it just PURE physical limitations?

the reviews said macbooks simply Can't do FPS, but sims seems less intensive as far as framerate etc. is concerned.

Reaction score
Not sure if this is any help but GTA: San Andreas runs flawlessly on my 2ghz macbook with 1gb of ram, GTA3 ran a bit laggy so i'm a bit confused as to why the newer game ran better, but worth giving it a go?

(i'm on 1280x800, 32bit, very high details and no anti-aliasing (don't think the card supports it))

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G
it is simply the video card can not handle the power needed.

with the Sims 2 the issue is the immense items in the game which all must be rendered and affects applied to each individual item.

For sure try it out, but i recall when i had my redeon 9700 128mb card, sim 2 with much more then 1024 x 768 or higher ras had more then it's share of barely playable momemnts.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.