OSX Tiger won't install

Reaction score
I have a MAc G4 Sawtooth w/ 400 MHZ, 1 gig of ram and a 60 gig HD.

I tried many times to install OSX (Tiger) but it keeps telling me the same thing over and over. "Please try to install the OS again" There was an error and you need to install the OS again. I tried switching hard drives but nothing. I even put ina SCSI card (adaptec) and a SCSI HD but the same thing happens. I used and older drive with OSX that I had from another G4 and when it boots, the Finder bar at the top starts to flicker and it apears and dissapears on and off. I have never seen this before! Does anyone have any suggestions? When this problem started I had a 60 gig HD installed and partitioned into two equal parts, then one day I went to turn it on, the chime sounded and as soon as it showed the grey screen with the small wheel turning the system would shut right off.

Thanks

OP
E
Reaction score
I got it to work!

emendoz1 said:
I have a MAc G4 Sawtooth w/ 400 MHZ, 1 gig of ram and a 60 gig HD.

I tried many times to install OSX (Tiger) but it keeps telling me the same thing over and over. "Please try to install the OS again" There was an error and you need to install the OS again. I tried switching hard drives but nothing. I even put ina SCSI card (adaptec) and a SCSI HD but the same thing happens. I used and older drive with OSX that I had from another G4 and when it boots, the Finder bar at the top starts to flicker and it apears and dissapears on and off. I have never seen this before! Does anyone have any suggestions? When this problem started I had a 60 gig HD installed and partitioned into two equal parts, then one day I went to turn it on, the chime sounded and as soon as it showed the grey screen with the small wheel turning the system would shut right off.

Thanks

Hi everyone and thanks for looking but I got my G4 to work without even one person posting a solution. I can't beleive that 50 people viewed this post and not one could offer a solution. What kind of Mac forum is this that out of 50 people not one could or would offer any advice? Either no one cares to help or even worse, no one can help. I have been working on Macs, PC's, SGI's Linux to name a few for over 20 years and I don't claim to know everything but I do tinker around and eventually figure it out. Anyways, I don't mean to go on and on but I must say I am a bit concerned about the lack of inclusion.

Eddy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
Can we just ban him now?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
emendoz1 said:
Hi everyone and thanks for looking but I got my G4 to work without even one person posting a solution. I can't beleive that 50 people viewed this post and not one could offer a solution. What kind of Mac forum is this that out of 50 people not one could or would offer any advice? Either no one cares to help or even worse, no one can help. I have been working on Macs, PC's, SGI's Linux to name a few for over 20 years and I don't claim to know everything but I do tinker around and eventually figure it out. Anyways, I don't mean to go on and on but I must say I am a bit concerned about the lack of inclusion.

Eddy

What was the Solution? I did not post at the time because I have never had that Issue with a G4 and Tiger and I was busy. I and others have lives also. I intended to follow up on this but never found the message again. Sorry you feel all here are not very helpfull. The reverse is true.

It would be cool if you posted what the solution was for your issue so in the future others can see it and be helped.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
The fifty or so looks are not all people looking at your posts. More than half of them are spiders and bots. Those bots and spiders are used by search engines, crawling around the net gathering information.

A

aljack3

How about posting the solution for those of us who are still having install problems!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
He won't do. He only registered here to get a reply to his problem and to complain afterwards.

Reaction score
at least post the solution for reference next time. That's what makes a quality thread. Otherwise, when you search, you just end up with useless threads and no answers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.