• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

17" Intel iMac and Final Cut Studio = OK?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'09 8-core MacPro | '12 MBA | iPad 2 16GB | iPhone 5C 16GB
So I've been heavily into film for a few years now and the past fourteen months or so things have really taken off. In that time I've just been using iMovie HD on my PowerBook G4, but I would very much like to upgrade. At this very moment I don't have enough money to buy what I want but I may very soon and I might just have to splurge and get myself a nice set up. Unfortunately I can't go as nice as a Mac Pro, but I'd like to get something as affordable as possible that can run Final Cut Studio. I was reading up on that package and it sounds amazing, but to my dismay my PowerBook can't accomodate it. Does anybody on here have experience with running the programs including in FCS on a 2GHz Intel iMac? I've been looking for a way to get the 17" and FCS, if the iMac ran the programs well then that would be spectacular. I appreciate input, thank you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.