need help deciding on what to do

Reaction score
Hey all i'm in the process of getting my ibooks up and running, the problem is that some of the HD's don't have an os on them. i was thinking of putting panther on them, but i only have one disc. i want to do this the legal way, and was wondering if this one would be ok to use: http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-Mac-OS-X-...ryZ80258QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem ? or should i just try to get a bunch of panther install discs and sell them with the ibooks? i'd rather just buy this one and be done with it, but if this isn't going to work please let me know. thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Thats not the version you want. That is for managing a server with unlimited clients, not for installing it on the clients

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i'd call apple and see what exactly you should do. most likely if you have the one disk you will be able to purchase a multiple user license and then sell the computers without disks
-chris

Reaction score
have you thought about just throwing yellow dog or ubuntu linux on them before selling them? Its free and you will be able to make sure the machines run before you sell them. Let whomever buys them worry about putting osx on them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Smackintosh said:
have you thought about just throwing yellow dog or ubuntu linux on them before selling them? Its free and you will be able to make sure the machines run before you sell them. Let whomever buys them worry about putting osx on them.
I would think this is a better option. Personally I wouldn't even bother with installing Linux first. At the very least, you could install OS X on it to make sure it is fully functional and then wipe the drive before you sell it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
yeah because you can then sell it as osx tested but not osx installed.

OP
D
Reaction score
who should i call about the multiple user thing? if i call customer service will they know what i'm talking about? please help. thanks.

Reaction score
Yes OS X sells as a 5 user multi pack. You can then install it five times. Since Tiger costs $129 and the family pack costs $199, maybe you can upgrade your license with apple. Contact them for this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.