Mighty Mouse does not scroll up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 1GB RAM
I have had my iMac for about 2 weeks and now my mouse does not scroll up. The roller ball doesn't sound the same when scrolling up. Left, right, and down all seem to be working fine. Does something need to be cleaned? Can you take the mouse apart like older mice with the ball? Please help.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 1GB RAM
benorubin said:
I have had my iMac for about 2 weeks and now my mouse does not scroll up. The roller ball doesn't sound the same when scrolling up. Left, right, and down all seem to be working fine. Does something need to be cleaned? Can you take the mouse apart like older mice with the ball? Please help.

Never mind. Just sprayed some compressed air on the ball and it is working fine. :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Sounds like it could be dirty. I don't have one personally, but from what I do understand that ball gets dirty rather quickly. Just run a lightly dampened Q-tip or something over the ball to clean it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5, iBook, 60gb iPod Photo, iPod mini and two shuffles
Ive had this problem twice now and I took it back to the dealer.

First time it stopped rolling altogether and they basically turned it upside down and rolled the ball on the mousemat, that fixed it and they said to do that and maybe use a cleaning fluid.

Second time it stopped rolling downwards only and they replaced it so I guess its common.

If it wont clean then just take it back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.