HP Photosmart 420

S

simonw

Any ideas on why Iphoto always says no photos on camera that I have in camera dock? Camera is M417, have installed and un-installed HP drivers several times. When installed Iphoto executed when camera/dock powered up. When not installed image capture doesnt connect to camera.....
Hp support doesn't give any help

Argh !!! :blind:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
In general, Mac's don't need additional drivers to read most popular cameras. For example, for my new Casio point 'n shoot, there were pages and pages of instructions on how to hook it up with your Windows PC. For Mac, it essentially said "just plug it in, iPhoto will run and you are done". I would suggest trying this: uninstall any specific drivers you have installed and just plug it in. What happens?

An alternative is to simply buy one of the ridiculously cheap USB or Firewire based camera card readers. These usually come in multi card format, capable of reading CF, SD, Memory Stick and so on. I can tell you from direct experience that OS X needs no additional drivers to read these readers. Just plug in your memory card from your camera and it pops up on your desktop as a new drive.

A good one of these multi card readers can be had for about $25 at any Best Buy, Circuit City or other electronics retailer.

OP
S

simonw

Yes,

That's what I can't understand. I only installed the HP software as a last resort. When I initially hooked it up, Iphoto popped up, but said it couldn't see any photos to upload. I made sure the usb settings on the camera were set to disk drive and not digital camera, but to no avail.

This one has me stumped, as I'm used to things just working on a mac.

I'm going to try later just using the camera connected via usb without the printer dock, see if that get's me anywhere, **-hum...

Thanks for the response :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.