Belkin USB 2.0 card

T

t_a_o

I have a Belkin USB 2.0 card I added to my powermac G4 (agp graphics). When the computer stats up a black square appears in the middle of the startup screen and the OS does not load fully, it just pauses. (only happens when card is in) Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 (Gigabit Ethernet) 400 MHz
There is a Belkin USB 2.0 card in my PowerMac G4 (Gigabit Ethernet) also, & i haven't noticed any problems. What version of Mac OS are you using? USB 2.0 wasn't supported until Mac OS 10.2.8 Jaguar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
I have a belkin USB 2 card also.. I have OS 10.39 and didn't need any drivers. If you remove the card, does the computer continue to boot normally? It could be a bad/shorted out USB card, you never know

OP
T

t_a_o

I put the card in a different PCI slot and it now works fine. Maybe its a faulty slot? That is unlikely but I can't see what else it could be. It's up and running now, that's the main thing.

Thank you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.