Problem watching streaming videos

P

pixelfuture

For a while I was able to watch streaming windows media files, but one day the program stopped working. It would never load and the icon just bounces up and down and never does anything. So I got Flip 4 Mac and that worked for a little, but now my computer crashes everytime I try to watch a streaming windows video. I've tried using Firefox, Safari, and Explorer and they all constantly crash when I try to watch windows streaming video.

OP
T

TMelcher

Could you be more specific about which program's icon is loading (bouncing up and down)? Do you mean the browser icon or the icon for a media player that the browser is using for a plugin?

Also, are you on an Intel or a PPC Mac? Sometimes, certain components might not run properly if they're running under Rosetta if you're running an Intel system. If so, make sure you have the most recent updates for Flip4Mac, as only the most recent release (v2.1) is a Universal Binary and properly supports Intel Macs.

OP
P

pixelfuture

TMelcher said:
Could you be more specific about which program's icon is loading (bouncing up and down)? Do you mean the browser icon or the icon for a media player that the browser is using for a plugin?

Also, are you on an Intel or a PPC Mac? Sometimes, certain components might not run properly if they're running under Rosetta if you're running an Intel system. If so, make sure you have the most recent updates for Flip4Mac, as only the most recent release (v2.1) is a Universal Binary and properly supports Intel Macs.
I have a PPC Powerbook. When I try to run Windows Media Player all I get is the bouncing icon and it never loads. Yes I do have the current version of Flip4Mac and that's when I started getting these problems. The version before their current update worked fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.