Will the MacBook heat affect overall longevity?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" 2.26 GHz MBP, 2GB RAM, 640GB HD
I was checking out the macbook @ futureshop (in canada) and have to admit it is a beautiful machine as most people will attest to. I definitely enjoyed the additional room on the keyboard and the bigger widescreen compared to my ibook g4. The glossy screen is nice and vibrant but I do prefer the matte screen b/c of no reflection. That being said after looking @ the macbook screen and going to the 17 and 20 inch imacs, the macbook screen did seem brighter and sharper! I did not notice any heat when typing but when I did flip it over I noticed the corner of the computer was really hot compared to how hot my ibook gets. I am considering upgrading my laptop and was wondering if this type of heat will affect the internal components and the casing in the long run. I am assuming the heat can't be really reduced b/c of the new powerful processors and the thin design but I will definitely agree that the machine was pretty hot.

Opinions?

Reaction score
Beating a dead horse...They don't get that hot, and no, they won't retire early because of the heat. It shouldn't be a concern.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.
Also get the latest SMC update and the heat issue has been addressed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.