Keyboard shortcuts for launching applications?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Ghz MacbookPro, 1GB RAM, Radeon X1600, 100GB Hard Disk
Is there an easy way to set a keyboard shortcut for launching an application?

For example, I wrote this really neat Automator task that takes a screenshot, uploads it to my FTP server, and puts the link in the clipboard. I'd like to use it instead of OS X's built in screenshot utility. I've saved the task as an application and put it in the Applications folder, but I'm at a loss as to how to set a shortcut to launch it (for example, Fn+F4 or something). The Keyboard and Mouse section in System Preferences doesn't seem to have it, although I may be missing something.

All help is appreciated :D Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
I believe Quicksilver will allow you to set keyboard shortcuts to open apps. It seems a lot of members here use it. It is donationware, so you may as well give it a try and see if it is what you are looking for.

OP
Hikaru79
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow, thanks Michael! This Quicksilver app is great. And it also solved my hotkey thing :)

Just as a demo of my awesome screenshot task, I give you this: http://thegoban.com/screens/screen_55440.jpg

Took me two seconds to get that link in :) I LOVE MY MAC!

OP
Hikaru79
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry for the double post, but I thought I should mention that the link you gave for Quicksilver turns out to be really outdated. It's not even a Universal binary. Here's the new and improved Quicksilver :D

Reaction score
Just now discovering the joy of this little app. bye bye dock.

Reaction score
When I get my iMac back from repair (hopefully today or tomorrow), I'll be downloading Quicksilver. It looks awesome.

I keep my Dock hidden, just my personal taste. Whenever I run my cursor to the bottom of the screen the Dock re-appears.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.